Monday, August 15, 2011

Boys' sexploitation

Few days ago, I posted my review on off beat bollywood movie "I AM" (here). Rohit is one heck of an intelligent boy from Mumbai. He send me his review. One thing striking in his review is statistics of child abuse back home:

".............The piece, “I am Abhimanyu”, is another very important one. This subject of Child sexual abuse needs more discussion in public domain. This is one area that is mostly shoved under the carpet, in Indian homes. In a survey conducted by government of India, it was found that 53.22% of children being surveyed were sexually abused, out of which 52.9% were boys, a number way higher than the girls (Source –Study on Child Abuse, India 2007 by Ministry of Women and Child Development, Govt. of India. More details are also available on Wikipedia). It is important that we build an atmosphere of confidence in our homes so that children can report such issues at least to someone......"

Also his take on movie is way different than mine (I loved his take on story of Megha). You can read his whole review here

No comments: