Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Changing values?

I was talking to one of my senior colleague about how life, values and societies have changed. How everything including relationships have become 'drive-thru' and 'disposable'. He sent me following email and asked, what you think - this would happen today? 

 "It was back in 1984 when I was doing my house job at Civil hospital Karachi. I left my home with my friend on motorcycle for the hospital. On my way I dropped the small bag with my ID card and my home telephone number, but the most important possession was my original Litman stethoscope ( avery prized possession in those days ). Well, two young boys found it and took it to my home where they found that I am at the hospital. They did not leave the stethoscope at home and drove to my work. They probably spent good 3-4 hours in this ordeal. They never asked for any prize or even gas money and left after I thanked them, like it was their obligation".


No comments: