Tuesday, August 25, 2015

On 'Final Good Bye'

Recently I had a friend who let me go - and that's ok - eventually, we all moved out in our respective trains from this central station. I was sad for a few days. It reminded me of dialogue from the movie 'Life of Pi" (I don't think this line was in the actual novel).

"I wept like a child, not because I was overwhelmed at having survived, although I was. I was weeping because Richard Parker left me so... unceremoniously. It broke my heart.You know, my father was right. Richard Parker never saw me as his friend. After all we'd been through, he didn't even look back. But I have to believe that there was more in his eyes than my own reflection staring back at me. I know I felt it - even if I can't prove it. I just wish...            

You know, I've left so much behind. My family, the zoo, Anandi, India - I suppose in the end the whole of life becomes an act of letting go. But what always hurts the most is not taking the moment to say goodbye.......... And I know he was a tiger, but I wish I'd said: 'It's over. We've survived. Thank you for saving my life. I love you, Richard Parker. You will always be with me. May God be with you."


Note:  It's a beautiful mystical novel of a fight of oneself with his or her own inner ego. Unfortunately, the movie, though keeps you occupied and done very well - failed to convey the actual theme of the novel.

Previous posts on the movie and the novel here and here

*

5 comments:

Beyond said...

Somebody would be f****** idiot who would let you go.

Mystic said...

:)

Shaan said...

hum toa Milne ki dua kartei hai....

Aly said...

Dr. Sb jo hua acha hua. jo hoga woh bhi acha hoga. Bs dil juda hu jatay hain is zidnagi kay safar mein. Apnay us dost kay liye kabhi dua kar dena.

Anonymous said...

Doctor, even if you say goodbye, the pain is not any less cruel and the sadness is not any less deep.

“It is such a mysterious place, the land of tears.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupery.