Friday, January 04, 2008

AH! - those roadside films

I watched this movie, "Tum Salamat raho" when I was 8 or 9 years old at roadside screen. 25/30 years back (ah! those golden days of Karachi), it was a tradition to erect open air screen with white cloth (call chandni)  on any good auspicious occasion. I had completely forgotten that part of my childhood. Thanks to youtube, where I found this amazing ghazal of Ghulam Ali. I was too young to understand movie, acting (watch Mohammad Ali - he is so natural), music and poetry at that age. Bus itna yaad hai ke jab film khatam hui to mujhe bara dukh huwa tha aur main bara 'sad' ho gaya tha. Bus dil ker raha tha ke meri zindagi ka ye khubsurat lamha kabhi khatam na ho !

1 comment:

Silke Fisher said...

I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... buy dvd when calls the heart season 3