Wednesday, January 30, 2008

SUCK IT UP !

In life, we learn less from books but more from people.

Insan khuda ki sab se bari kitab hai !

Marilyn worked with me for about 2 years. She was a nurse. She was a single mom of 2 boys and always tight from money end but I never saw her upset or her worries interfering with her work. Actually, she was one of the most pleasant person around. Aese log jin ke liye dil kerta hai ke woh aap ke aas paas rahain.

One day Marilyn was late from work. She called ahead. Her Toyota's transmission failed. When she showed at work I said: "Should be covered with your warranty, right?". "No", She replied, "I bought it at 50 K miles so it was covered only for 30 days from dealer. Now I have to pay from my pocket and its a lot of money, atleast for me" .

I said: "Marilyn, you are amazing. How you just absorb all these shocks in life without having any expression on face but just with a smile". (mathe pe koi shikan nahi)

She said: "I do get upset for moments but you know many times in life we don't have choices. We have to deal with it. I just say 3 words to myself and I move on with my life. And those 3 words are - SUCK IT UP - "

Mujhe ye baat yaad reh gai. Mujhe bhi jub kisi aesi suratehaal ka saamna hota hai ke mera koi bas nahi chalta to main apne aap se kehta hun - SUCK IT UP - and I move on with my life"

Thanks Marilyn !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kaash sub aisay ho sakte. Something else though calmer and reminds you that even the good and the heights that you have are not yours forever is :

"This too shall pass"

Acha ho keh bura :)..it passes.

Anonymous said...

Eventually, nothing remains forever - but its the aura of given moment which engulfs all of us !