Saturday, November 01, 2008

Phantom of Pleurae

"Human lung is covered with 2 layers, visceral pleura and parietal pleura. Inflammation between these pleurae cause pain and difficulty in breathing".

Jub main residency ker raha tha to hamare aik Korean pulmonologist the. Bare Allah wale aadmi the. Aik din unhon ne hum se kaha: "Human relationships are like 2 pleurae together. If they develop friction and inflammation but have no choice but to live together - causes severe pain with every breath. And let me tell you its not easy. Sometime there is no apparent reason for pleural inflammation. All workup remains negative. Kind of idiopathic.. But pain remains there - severe pain with each breath. Manytime human relationship turns into what I call Phantom of Pleurae".

1 comment:

bsc said...

A beautiful and most appropriate touch. Waqiyee woh Korean saheb "Allah walay" lagtay hain.
Incidentally I have suffered this pain actually and know exactly what you are talking about. It is a scratching type of pain. My knowledge at that time was poor and I described it "as if my Latissimus Dorsi is scratching my chest inside when I breathe-in" And then chest X-Ray film told the real story.