Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Drowning incident and dreams

Sheik Adil Kalbani is recently appointed first black Imam at the Grand Mosque in Mecca. 2 years ago, he dreamed that he had become an imam at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, but he dismissed that dream.


This long weekend, I planned to take my son to a water park. A night before I dreamed that I have some kind of accident and I am all blue. Than its all dark in my house and my son is hysterically crying, and my mom is trying to calm him done (I am not there anymore)........I woke up with this dream and dismissed it as a mere nightmare.

On Sunday, I was with my son doing a water ride with double tube. My son was excited and little hyper. While we approached ride, he moved his legs inside the tube and that disbalance the whole tube. As I tried to manage, tube flipped upside down. I felt myself drowning (I don't know how to swim). Somehow - I was able to grab floating tube with one hand and my son with other hand. I kept floating inside water for a minute. Those 60 seconds were like 60 years. I kept my mouth annd nose shut. I was worried about my son. Meanwhile, life guard was there, he rescued me and my son. I was shaken and naturally my son was!

Probably, my mom's Dua saved me and my son. As I wrote earlier on this blog - yo can't dismiss all dreams.

2 comments:

bsc said...

You remember Ali, doing well in Law school Met him recently and he asked me about dreams I told him:
True dreams (that turn out to be true the following day or later) are considered 1/45th character of Nabuwwat. Yes it is true any body can see true dreams once in a while
Deputy Nazir Ahmad has a novel
"Ruya-e-sadiqah" in which there is one lady who sees many true dreams, so the story goes.
From Ayesha RA, Before the prophet SAWS started Wahi, he started seeing true dreams for some time.
nabi and prophets know their dreams are true.
It is said that prophet Ibrahim AS saw in his dream that he is asked to sacrifice the person he loves most (and he believed it to be true)
Most of the dreams however are psychologically described. I remember my father saw dream about my results of BSc exam
"you passed second class first" the words made sense later. I had placement as first in my group and my marks were in the second division or second class.

mystic said...

Thank you for detailed comment...

I think it is one of the least explored and mysterious area in human history.

May Allah bless all of us...