Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hear Attack

Another poem of Faiz Ahmad Faiz with my loose translation.

You may Listen this poem in Zia Mohiuddin voice here


Pain was so severe that night, savage heart
wanted to confront each vein
diaphoresed from each sweat gland

(my heart was)
Like far at your patio
each petal washed in my despondent blood
appear morose with grace of moonlite glow

Like in my deserted body
tents of all aching threads openly
start giving signs serially (of)
farewell of (my) passions' flock

And when appeared somewhere under smoldering lites of remembrance
one last moment of your affection
pain was so intense that (heart) wanted to pass it on

We did want to stay though, heart did not desire so

2 comments:

shafiq said...

Good translation...

You were able to keep theme of poem..with same flow..

mystic said...

Thanks Shafiq.

I started doing Faiz poems translation here

http://faiz-english-translation.blogspot.com/

But its so early, I never told anyone. I hope I can reach milestone of 100 poem translations (only 3 so far)