Friday, December 04, 2009

Kids-4

Another important dimension added to previous posts on discussion of "number of kids to have" from a reader.

I have a son with "special needs " and a healthy normal daughter mashallah .The thought of having a third child scares the hell out of me.what if ?? I get another child with disabilities. At the same time the thought that my daughter will never have any normal brother-sister relationship, and that all the burden of a 'handicapped brother' will be on her shoulders, when we will not be with them anymore,"KILLS ME". It's "complicated''.

1 comment:

Dian said...

Somehow I bumped to your blog while searching something on Google. I read these posts on kids. I am not sure how my situation goes here but let me share.

I am married for 4 years and I had so far 3 miscarriages. All this time I was blaming myself. I was very depressed. My marriage was breaking down. On my last miscarriage we requested pathology. Pathology came back as chromosome 17 defect. I think it was a blessing from lord in disguise for us as well as for the soul we wanted to bring in our life. Life is not perfect but atleast now I am happy and we know to get genetic testing even before trying. Its hard but a kind of guidance. In case if fault lies in our genes we will not have kids.

May Jesus bless all of us on this christmas.