Sunday, December 06, 2009

Thank you Masud

I mentioned on this blog about my broken friendship with Masud (here). This weekend I really missed him a lot. Somebody asked me to name a person whom I will be thankful ever in my life. I had few names and one was Masud.

In final year of my medical school - I completely lost touch with my education. I was having too much fun outside college, in hostel and in college's cafeteria. I lost track of all lectures, clinical rotations and practicals. I didn't touch any text book for months. A month before final exam I realized my stupidity after a surgeon degraded me during my seldom showup at one clinical rotation (I failed to read a simple CXR). I asked Masud - what should I do? Masud made a crash course of all subjects and suggested small booklets/articles instead of text books. He was my instant encyclopedia. I just didn't clear all subjects but secured upper high first division.

I want to thank you my friend Masud - where ever you are and if you ever read my blog.

7 comments:

mao said...

The biggest regret is when you can't patch up a damaged relationship that you cared about.

I went through some rough patches with my best friends in college. I'm so grateful to Allah that we survived. It wasn't easy. I'm so grateful today that they still care about me.

mystic said...

Baqol Ghalib

gum agarche jaan gusal hai pe kahan bachain ke dil hai

Anonymous said...

so u think he'll read ur blog...ah wow what an optimist...there r other ways to reconnect nd find ppl instead by being in ur own baloon and just mentioning them...it's hard to find real friends and hazarat ali said bud nasseb hay wo shakas jo acha dost kho day.

mystic-soul said...

Hahaha! I liked yr mention of Hazrat Ali's quote.

I tried to connect with all new technological means but I guess we both have move far in our lives.....

Anonymous said...

puranay dour kay loag nai technologies per rely kertay hain....u r still looking back nd want closure...turing back turns one in stone at times lol!!!

Anonymous said...

I think once there are cracks in the friendship it is tough to recreate the same rapport. Besides, its life you may drop him a mail, he'd reply back but that's it. Blame is on physical distance, on busy schedules or on anything but such times never come back!

BTW, Facebook is a good tool to connect with good, old, lost friends. Though I'm not much into FB!

So you are a doc? :-)

mystic said...

I think FB is a very tricky business. You got to be careful!!

And yes I am doc! (fortunately or unfortunately)