Thursday, November 23, 2017

Fractured souls

 I have seen three versions of the classic of Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express" and I believe the new release is the best so far.

I don't think all of these quotes are originally present in the book. Some are added in the movie by the script writers. (My favourites from the movie). Last four are original for sure.

 “Wine is where the devil finds his darlings.”

“To a man with only a hammer every problem is a nail.”

 “Crime is an anomaly. Murder is a fracture of the soul.”

 “The scales of justice cannot always be equally weighed.”

“Because it’s how connected we are as human beings, how one horrific event affects many lives.”

"poison of deep grief.”

“I am not one to rely upon the expert procedure. It is the psychology I seek, not the fingerprint or the cigarette ash.”

“The happiness of one man and one woman is the greatest thing in all the world.”

“If you confront anyone who has lied with the truth, he will usually admit it - often out of sheer surprise. It is only necessary to guess right to produce your effect.”

“But I know human nature, my friend, and I tell you that, suddenly confronted with the possibility of being tried for murder, the most innocent person will lose his head and do the most absurd things.”


Trailer here 

No comments: