Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trust

"Kamil Kaplan faced a horrifying decision as flames engulfed his apartment building: Does he drop his 9-month-old nephew four stories to a policeman or hope the baby boy survives the suffocating smoke? Kaplan chose to drop the boy, Onur Celar -- a dramatic life-saving moment captured in photographs seen around the world.....""I took the child from my sister, the mother," he said. "She and the father were screaming: 'Don't do it! Don't do it!' But I didn't listen." He added, "I looked into the eyes of the policeman below, and I knew I could trust him."

Read full story here: Uncle who dropped boy to save him

What you would do if face with such decision?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh...alhamdulilah..that made shivers run up my spine. That picture with the child just falling free..Really makes you wonder :)

Anonymous said...

isn't it interesting...

I don't know, what I would do in such a situation...

Anonymous said...

u know...shayad isiliye a doctor or other professional cannot treat/advise his family member or someone close. Though a parents gut response would be to protect their child...they would in this case have no idea keh safety kis taruf hai...not that the uncle knew either mager Wow :D zindagi kay moRoun ka kuch pata nahi hota..I hope I never have to face such a situation unless Allahs mercy and blessings are with me.

Aapne woh banu qudsiya ki aik aur short story parhi hai kya? Its about this elderly couple...and they live in a big bangla and their kids have grown up and left. The husband is diagnosed with heart illness and his days are numbered so he decides to marry off his sigh "buRhiya" to someone before he dies...because he fears she shall grow alone and old staring at the walls after he is gone..

Ager nahi parhi tou i don't want to ruin the end for you...I believe its in "dust basta" and entitled 'tadbeer-e-lateef'.

Mama parh kar royi thian :)

Anonymous said...

Thnks annonymous for such a good comment.

No I never read that short story from Banu Qudsia but idea seems so novel, I got to read for sure. Hopefully, I can find here in USA.

I am myself physician and many time despite knowing my kid doesn't need antibiotic, its just viral - tend to give antibiotics. You are so right !!