Saturday, June 14, 2008

Women and gifts !!

Aurat tohfon (gifts) se khush hoti hai !

Punjabi ki aik lok kahani (folk stoy) hai

"A husband went off to a war and came back after 12 years. With all his saved money he bought a Khoti (She Donkey) so it helps her wife in work. So, the wife asks, after twelve years of absence what have you brought for me and the husband says, a khoti (she donkey). The wife says that I was able to bear the sorrow of 12 years but I can't take sorrow of this poor gift. If that is all you have brought for me after all this time, then perhaps we cannot live together".

Baari barseen khattan gaya tai khat kai kyanda kee
Khat kai lyandi khotee, meree teree naheen wasneeN!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let me assure you the regular readers of this blog and even not so regular too know very well you are a staunch supporter of male chauvinist mentality. So tell us something new!

mystic-soul said...

Mam (or sir),

Its always my pleasure. I take this as compliment.

Anonymous said...

aah..the things that people feel proud of!!

Freda said...

wth kinda story is this

mystic said...

This is thetragedy of life that most men doesn't know - what and how to gift things to women....

Men always remain confuse and women frustrated!!