Saturday, December 06, 2008

A story of a bad marriage

(As described by a friend) 

 Sometimes a lousy marriage is worse than a broken marriage. My parents divorced after 25 years of marriage. It is strange, but I knew that my mother was never happy in this marriage. My father was a 'malang type aadmi.' He was not a very social type. He was not a very presentable person. On the same note, he was not a very expressive or a romantic soul. I am not sure; he even realized that - the woman who lives and sleeps with him is unhappy. My mother wanted to love and companionship out of marriage. My father looked at the wedding as a family-making thing. Unfortunately, they both were blind to each other!


That day my father was at work. My mother was furious at home. She was packing her stuff to move out to her brother's (my mama) place. She was angry as my father could not vibrate like other men in a family 'dawat,' and one woman taunted her about my father's appearance. I tried to stop my mother.


I said: "aap khud unko bata ke chali jao".


She said: "Nahi! tumhi unhe bata dena".


Main ne kaha: "Ma! ruk jao. Is tarah to ghar mat toro".


Ma didn't answer. I asked her again, 'are you sure about leaving dad?' She said yes, and moved out.


My father was not even able to express any emotions that night. The only thing he said on the table as I warmed the dinner in the microwave was, 'who will take care of me now?'


I wish my mom had left this relationship when she knew she was unhappy. We are three losers like points of a triangle - still together but living differently. Nothing works if the heart gets a block in marriage and feelings go dead.


Meri Ma ne 25 baras koshish ki ke uska dil maan jaaye, magar ye dil saala bara ziddi aur harami hai - ye kab kisi ki sunta hai. Mere Baap ne 25 baras poori imandari se ghar banane aur chalane ki koshish ki. Apna pet kaat ke hamari khawaishat ki dozakh bharta raha. Woh sochta tha, main kum khauN, kum pehnuN magar mere biwi bachhe khush rahe. Magar woh nadaan kahin se sirf woh 2 lafz nahi la saka jo kisi aurat ke dil ko mom(wax) ker de !


Ye dil ka muamla saala bara harami hai!


*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or NO marriage is better than bad or broken marriage.....

Anonymous said...

yep, I second anony