Friday, December 19, 2008

Umar's take on Hajj

Umar's parents are from Pakistan but he is born and raised in USA. He is a very handsome chap and a very smart surgeon. Certainly, one of the most eligible bachelor! Umar and I always communicate in English. Even, if I speak urdu he replies in english. I always thought that his urdu may not be good as he is Pakka ABCD.

Aaj sham main hospital ki elevator main daakhil hua to.... umar was standing there. His head was shaved....Main ne kaha: "are ye kiya ho gaya? tumhari 'tind' kiun nikal aayi"...He informed me that he is just back from Hajj.

Main ne kaha: "Yaar Umar! aik baat batao. Is it true that Hajj is really such a spiritual experience that you can't describe in words or is it just something hyped and exaggerated by muslims"

Umar replied: "Its very true. The impact of spiritual enlightment can't be described. I was like in outer world watching my whole life in a single glance. Money and career, even family seems like a bubble to me....."And than very first time in 2 years, he spoke to me in very clear urdu: "Hajj ke baad aadmi apna nahi rehta".

Main ne poocha: " Agar main tum se poochun ke, sirf aik lafz main batao ke Hajj se tumhe kiya mila to kiya kaho ge?"

Umar ne jawab diya: "Sabar. Manasike Hajj kuch aese hain aur phir duniya ki aarzi zindagi ka aehsas kuch itna ziyada hota hai ke wapas aa kar bari jaldi sabar aa jata hai. Woh aik lafz hai sabar"

4 comments:

bsc said...

Wow, already back mashallah May Allah accept his Hajj and of all those who took it

Anonymous said...

aameen...

Anonymous said...

cough cough...eligible bachelor you say? How old would he be :D..hehe jokes..sabr..I like that word :).

I remember when I went for umrah last. Was praying jummah ki namaz in the haram and instead of being happy at peace...all I was ..was angry and irritated because some people parked themselves in the spot of my sajda..making room where they should not have. It's very difficult..but when u do it...when you control urself ur anger and smile..you come back soo khush..in any situation but more so from Allahs home :)

Hajj Mubarak to your friend. May the light shine bright within him for days to come.

Anonymous said...

Umar should not be more than 32/34. He just finished his surgical residency. He is still unmarried. Anyways...

Yes may Allah accept his hajj.