Saturday, November 28, 2009

Kids

As my cousin Aga (here, here) was visiting me - we argued about many things in life. (He is one smart ass).

One other thing we debated is about how many kids a married couple should have? I always think that couples should have 4 kids or at least 3 kids for 2 simple reasons. Firstly, they are fun. Secondly, when you get old and die - they have their own strong social support of brothers and sisters.

The only flip side of having more kids is - what if you get a handicap child - as it is too draining - physically as well as emotionally (Amin Bhai, Sameer Ali uncle).

I found this debate interesting...


P.S: It is said that Kids of younger parents are more misbehaved.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss having long, philosophical discussions about how life should be lived when I was at life stages that were far away from them.

Now that I'm more closer to the prospect of having kids - its hard for me to have this type of discussion...because I'll be afraid of not getting what I want or what I think is the 'right' number....

Its interesting...but these crazy talks sort out so much for us....lol.

mystic-soul said...

Ya its true. All this discussions do nothing when real thing strikes!!

bsc said...

I am late in commenting.
I'll leave the question of planning for family or restricting numbers.
the flipside, not always butit is here that I must leave my scientific attitude and leave that only to the Almighty.
Have many many examples in my life starting from my own sibship and seen other families how they cope with the added stress etc. That is why I have developed non-scientific attitude". Annonymous go ahead without fear and plan as many as you and your wife want (I did not say afford) Allah will bless you

mystic said...

Uncle BSC - you started new debate !!!

Should parents plan more kids even if they are financially not well off. ????

bsc said...

This is difficut to answer.
Yes, they should because each child brings his/her own Rizq. Usually that translates into getting a rise in salary or something similar.
If no such situation exists I am not sure how I would interpret that but see tafseer of Aya #6 sura "hude"

mystic-soul said...

Wow !!

I read that ayat..very powerful ayat....

Anonymous said...

is there any research abt young parents nd their kids to substantiate ur statement or it's just a statement in the air an assumption made by u?
I doubt it young parents might be more closer to kids due to lack of generation gap and age difference...age discrimination is a very common sterotype

mystic-soul said...

No there is no research - its just a myth or anecdotal statement. Personally, I think couple should gets kids early as they have more energy, communication and moreover another life one kids are grown and gone...