Friday, July 26, 2019

Brexit, immigrants and my learning point

Living as an immigrant in the USA under Trump, I thought most immigrants in the UK will be opposing Brexit.

To my surprise, I met a person who himself immigrated to the UK somewhere around the year 2000, was highly defending Brexit on the pretext that people from eastern Europe are taking over jobs and are changing the good English values. I was taken aback but later did a little read on the internet, I fount that a large number of Asians voted to leave EU.

I learned! We try our best but second or third generation eventually lose their roots.

  ~ aur us se bhi ziyada - insaan bara Kamina hai - Bohat jald apna bura waqt bhool jaata hai

5 comments:

EyeAre said...

Who says! Hijrat is easy

bsc said...

When me and my wife (Both well trained physicians) decided to settle in US we went through a discussion of good and bad points of children and grandchildren growing up here Decision mainly rested on education opportunities we ill give them here and forget the drawbacks
I tried to give a lot of Urdu Punjabi culture and language to children and Iqbal and Ghalib , Punjabi wedding songs and some Bollywood songs etc It partly helped (also Quran and masjid with Arabic)
Now seeing grandchildren all we are hoping that Quran and masjid at least is working
Hijrat is very difficult yes How long roots can go? Some time it does hurt (truthfully speaking)

Zindagi-ki-Diary said...

Uncle: I absolutely hear you. As Faiz said:

Halqa kiye bethe raho is shamaa ko yaaro
Kuch roshni baqi to hai, harchand ke kum hai

Aly said...

- insaan bara Kamina hai - Bohat jald apna bura waqt bhool jaata hai. This should be a reminder to us every day!!!!

mystic-soul said...

Aly! that what I try to do