Monday, January 29, 2007

Bullying


Bullying is a serious problem. Here is a chat conversation (nephew and uncle)

N: Hi

U: Hi

N: How are you?

U: Good! And yourself?

N: Not good!

U: How come?

N: I flunk my medical college test.

U: I thought you worked hard for that test and were all set to score high.

N: Yes, I was.

U: So?

N: Something happened on exam day.

U: What?

N: The day I went to the exam center, 2 'big boys' started pushing me. At first, I thought one had a cell phone in his hand, but actually, it was a knife. I don't think they ever intended to use it, but they were just scaring me. I tried to ignore them, but they pushed me to the ground. We started fighting, and I was surprised I fought well, and at one point, I even snatched that knife. By the time they left, I was so shaken by the whole episode that I did poorly on the test!

U: hmmm.

*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? How awful! Where was this? Pakistan?

Anonymous said...

Yes. It was in Pakistan. Very upsettttting.