Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Code blue

"Meri ICU ki rotation ki pehli call thi. Subah 6 baje ke qareeb main krista ko nursing station pe signout de raha tha ke Bed 27 pe Mr. Lloyd ka 'code blue' ho gaya....He was sick for a while and we knew he may not survive... Code blue run kerte huwe meri nazar ICU se bahir hospital ke peechle baramde per pari. Hamari hospital ka ICU first floor pe hai ...and you can see all landscaping outside the window....Bahir raat bhar hulki hulki baarish se baramde main thora paani jama ho gaya tha aur kuch kaale rung ke kabooter bethe gutergoon ker rahe the...Subha hone ke asar the aur aasman bus kone se hulka hulka neela huwa tha....Jis lumhe main ne mehsoos kiya ke ab....Mr. Lloyd is no more there and we can't get him back....baarish aur hawa ka aik tez jhonka aaya aur saare kabooter aik saath parhparhate huwe ur gaye...mujhe aesa laga woh isi lamhe ka intizar ker rahe the....I call off the code and Mr. Lloyd was pronounced dead"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! It really is. Say Mystic, can I forward your blog url to a friend who is really into Urdu/Hindi writing?

mystic-soul said...

Absolutely you can !

Anonymous said...

I really like your writing and somehow I feel that deep inside you are a very sensitive person and deeply perceptive.

I would love to read more of your writing and I hope you don't mind that I don't read everything. It is just that it takes me time to read Urdu even if it is in the English alphabet and I'm very impatient :) so I read the shorter ones and fidn them easier.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes !, whatever is easy. I appreciate your compliment and reading of this blog.

Unfortunately, I find it hard to express in english as I was born and raised as "urdu medium".

I try to keep posts shorter and try to trim it after I write (but sometime they get longer), as I also tend to skip those posts in other blogs if they are very lengthy.