Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Sleep Deprivation!

(A passing note on everyday life)

If being a physician (and I have been), you ask me to fix one thing in your life to stay healthy, wealthy and wise - I will advise you to fix your sleep problem, if you have any! Once your brain is sleep deprived, you make wrong choices in life and plunge into whirlpool of bad luck and undesirable consequences. Remember, you can't change people and circumstances - its your attitude which makes a difference - and, sleep deprivation/insomnia is the last thing you want! 

Being working in hospital for now almost 20 years, I have my own - or should I say - more than enough share of sleep deprivation. I frequently ask nurses, para-nursing staff, physicians, residents and clerical staff about their modus operandi to keep sleep habit healthy. Everyone found his own way  from pharmaceutical to non-pharmaceutical answer. It ranged from Benadryl, Tylenol PM to having nap in day or sex before going to bed.

Point is work on it! Only you can answer. Find out how much sleep you need and how to have peaceful sleep. - even if you have to ask your doctor to check out your engine or to write Lunesta, Ambien, Helcion or whatever for PRN use!



2 comments:

Rida said...

mothers are basically part of the scientific experiment to prove that sleep is not a crucial part of human life.

Mystic said...

lol....

I understand that very well. But I wish all new moms have enough help around to get through this....